01. #Unknown – NEW #79
02. The Knocks feat. X Ambassadors – Comfortable (Rogue Vogue remix)
03. Spada – Red Velvet
04. Dan Croll – From Nowhere (Mike Mago remix)
05. Hot Natured – Benediction (LXURY remix)
06. Jonas Rathsman – Hope I’m Wrong
07. Journeyman – Constellations
08. Isaac Tichauer – Changes
09. The Young Punx – All These Things Are Gone
01. Claptone feat. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Ghost
02. Clean Bandit – Rather Be (Magician remix)
03. Karma Kid – Like I’m On Fire
04. Lane 8 – The One Anushka – Never Can Decide
05. Kyla La Grange – Cut Your Theeth (Hackman remix)
06. Jett – Strong Look (Codec remix)
07. EJECA – Never Forget (Waze & Odyssey remix)
08. Crown Duels – Dance Snakadaktal – The Sun II (Just Kiddin remix)
01. Casino Gold – All I Need;
02. Duke Dumont feat. Jax Jones – I Got U;
03. John Newman – Losing Sleep (Disciples Remix);
04. Chris Malinchak – If U Got It (The Magician Remix);
05. Cheap Picasso – Don’t Play Around;
06. HAIM – Forever (TCTS Remix);
07. Kiesza – Hideaway;
08. Lancelot – Givin It up feat. Anthony & Cleopatra;
09. Sam Smith – Money on my mind (MK Remix);
10. Klaue & Tatze – Bringing It; 11. Disclosure – Voices (Le Youth Remix)
I am still absolutely aghast and amazed at this incredible high def 360 degree panorama of Mars and the Milky Way filled night sky taken by the Mars Rover. It’s almost certainly the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen. Simply the most humbling and beautiful experience. As if being there. One of the current furthest outposts of mankind. Awesome.
The famous Martian meteorite ALH 84001 contains a “fossil” that was ruled out as life because of its small size, however it could still be an autocell – a precursor to life. Credit: NASA
The World Fantasy Convention 2013 took place at the Brighton Metropole earlier this month. My father was one of the guests of honour. His thing is science fiction, and on one of his panels he mentioned a discovery of a new scientific phenomenon to a dumbfounded fantasy audience. You see that’s the difference between fantasy and science fiction – the former is escapism, the latter merely disorientation but often based on fact. Read more »
I’m proud to say that I used to be DJ Tim The Groovedigger and from about ’91 to ’98 used to have residencies and run club nights playing all manner of dance music.
My favourite spell was running a regular Brighton night In2Deep which I brought down with me from Oxford (where we had a great Sunday night at PoNaNa). Heavily influenced by Paul Trouble Anderson it was a proper US deep house and garage night. Here is one of the best remaining mix tapes for your delectation.
Beautiful Staff Pick from Vimeo – Box from Bot & Dolly, featuring some great CGI, clever robotic program design, a lovely black and white mood and a great soundtrack. Watch on a retina Mac if you get the chance – beautiful!
Google have stolen the spotlight back from Apple with 2 new developments in recent weeks. First and most importantly is there move into the space most commonly dominated by Apple since it’s conception of Airplay. Chromecast is a cheap new, small plug in device that works with any TV with an HDMI jack and allows you to stream content from other devices to it. The most common platform for streaming is likely to be Youtube and you can easily start a video playing on your computer Read more »
Still love this old late nineties drum and bass mix tape of mine which is now up on Youtube. For me this was a golden era of drum and bass, after all the ragga and attitude of the dying rave scene had petered out and a new era was heralded by the likes of LTJ Bukem, Photek, John Beltran, et al. It was an era of non-cheesy, non-chipmunk female vocals and hanging chords, and as much about the space between as the bass extremes. I think the sound has stood the test of time but maybe that’s just my nostalgia wafting over me again. Hope you like it – Big Up Yer Ches’
How much of a legend is this guy! And what a great video. Simple story, but something really different. A very lucky guy who’s been able to do exactly what he’s wanted to do. He’s kept the faith and is earning quite a reputation for himself and his wonderful work.
Full video credits here: http://www.reelhouse.org/mos/urbanoutlaw/urbanoutlaw
I don’t normally write financial related blog posts but I was inspired by a friend of mine, Tom Nixon after a coffee and Twitter conversation we had recently (as you do). He pointed me in the direction of a documentary from a couple of years back called The Secret of Oz.
No excuses – watch it. It’s embedded below.
The revelation of the documetary (which really shouln’t be a revelation but more just common sense/knowledge) is that there isn’t enough money to go round. There never will be. Why – because all money is created as debt. Read more »
15 years working in digital, an SEO & Social Media geek with an evident passion for the web, running my own consultancy ThinkSearch. I'm loving life, technology, sharing, and particularly my 9 yr son old Archie and 3 year old daughter Lola. Living in Hove, UK